[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] First PBI - X11/yakuake

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Fri Feb 10 08:04:36 PST 2012

On 02/10/2012 09:54, Fabrizio Parrella wrote:
> This is my first attempt in creating a PBI using EasyPBI, and I must
> say that the process is much easier than it was in the past. Just a
> few notes about EasyPBI:
>  - Would be nice to be able to load a module previously created to
> allow small changes to it
>  - When trying to change the icon EasyPBI closes (I assume a crash,
> but it just closes)
>
> Please let me know if you need anything else.
>
> Thank you
>
> Fabry

I just finished approving our PBI of Yakuake a moment ago, so it should
appear in the AppCafe within 24 hours.

I also looked through your module and it all looked just fine. The only
suggestion is that you only need your "icon.png" file at
(module-dir)/resources/icon.png, you do not need another copy at
(module-dir)/icon.png

With regards to EasyPBI:
1) What exactly do you mean by "load a module previously created"? Do
you mean the ability to edit the pbi.conf file for a particular module
within the EasyPBI interface?

2) Startup easyPBI (command: "EasyPBI") from the command line and let me
know if you are seeing some kind of error in the terminal when it
crashes for you. I have been using the PBI and aside from it not finding
the defaulticon.png if you need it when building a module (which was
fixed recently) I do not have any problems with it.