[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] multimedia/vlc enable teletext support enable ZVBI in pbi.conf

Hakisho Nukama nukama at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 6 08:40:16 PST 2012

2012/1/30 Ken Moore <ken at pcbsd.org>:
> On 01/28/2012 16:37, Hakisho Nukama wrote:
>
> 2012/1/27 Hakisho Nukama <nukama at googlemail.com>:
>
> After setting up my new Pinnacle 460e DVB-S2 stick with webcamd and vdr
> 1.7.22
> I was able to get teletext shown over network stream with Windows 7 vlc.
>
> Inside PCBSD with vlc-1.1.11_1-i386 clicking on Teletext button results in
> following message:
> No suitable decoder module:
> VLC does not support the audio or video format "telx". Unfortunately
> there is no way for you to fix this.
>
> telx is disabled by default at configure time.
> But it is incompatible with VBI, which could also decode teletext.
>
> Enabling telx support with this patch
> http://people.freebsd.org/~jsa/share/vlc_telx.diff
> does not help either. Vlc doesn't show teletext,
> log with telx enabled at http://pastebin.com/JpwyQ0Kn
>
> But just enabling ZVBI option solves this issue and teletext is shown
> as it should.
>
> Best Regards
> Hakisho Nukama
>
> Attached my pbi.conf.patch of a working pbi-build.
>
> Best Regards
> Hakisho Nukama

> Thanks for the patch!
> I have added it to our current PBI module for VLC and triggered a rebuild.
>

> --
> ~~ Ken Moore ~~
> PC-BSD/iXsystems

Ken, thanks for including it.

While my PBI build for vlc defaults to /dev/cd0 inside "Open Disc" dialog,
PBI from AppCafe referring to /dev/acd0.

/dev/cd0 should be used automatically after OSVERSION 900037
WITH_CDROM_DEVICE?=/dev/cd0
WITH_DVD_DEVICE?=/dev/cd0

On what OSVERSION does building for PBIs occur?

Best Regards
Hakisho Nukama