[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] PC-BSD Pbi-dev] PBI submissions Nano, Nano-devel

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Fri Dec 21 10:46:35 PST 2012

On 12/21/2012 13:27, nemysis wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Dec 2012 13:09:04 -0500
> Ken Moore <ken at pcbsd.org> wrote:
>
>> On 12/19/2012 03:59, nemysis wrote:
>>> Nano
>>>
>>> Nano is a small, free and friendly editor which aims to replace Pico, the default editor included in the non-free Pine package. Rather than just copying Pico's look and feel, nano also implements some missing (or disabled by default) features in Pico, such as
>>> "search and replace" and "goto line number".
>>>
>>> http://www.nano-editor.org/
>>>
>>> editors/nano
>>>
>>> editors/nano-devel

>> We already have editors/nano installed by default on the base PC-BSD
>> system. Do you still want me to create PBI's for nano (or just nano-devel)?
>>
> Yes i see now we have in PC-BSD base sistem nano-2.2.6, sorry.
> I thinks is better to have editors/nano as PBI to use in Ports Jail or FreeBSD_Ports jail.

OK, I decided to only add the editors/nano-devel module though, since I
realized that only the newest version is going to get approved anyway.
This way you can just use the PBI to get the version that is newer than
the base system. No sense in building 2 PBI's if only 1 is going to get
used right?

Thanks for sending them in!

--
~~Ken Moore~~