[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Fix to maybe get openjdk7 to compile...

John Katzmaier johnkatz at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 14:30:24 PDT 2012

Hi Kris,

The icedtea-web port maintainer got back to me and said that
icedtea-web will work with openjdk7 if a patch is applied. Can you
apply this patch and the sequence below to the openjdk7 PBI? Here is
the icedtea-web port maintainer's reply:

---
Now I tested the patch and it works fine.  Here is the patch:

        http://people.freebsd.org/~jkim/openjdk7-itweb.diff

How to build:

        fetch -o /tmp/openjdk7-itweb.diff \
            http://people.freebsd.org/~jkim/openjdk7-itweb.diff
        cd /usr/ports
        patch -p0 < /tmp/openjdk7-itweb.diff
        cd java/openjdk7
        make config     <--- ICEDTEA must be seleted!!!
        make
        make deinstall
        make install
        make clean      <--- optional