[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Fix to maybe get openjdk7 to compile...

John Katzmaier johnkatz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 14:57:37 PDT 2012

Hi,

I noticed that there is a PBI for openjdk7 that fails to compile. When
I looked at the build log, I found the error gmake[6]: *** No rule to
make target `/usr/wrkdirprefix/usr/ports/java/openjdk6/work/hotspot/src/cpu/amd64/vm/x86_64.ad',
needed by `../generated/adfiles/bsd_x86_64.ad'.  Stop.

The error occurred when it was building openjdk6, which was a
dependency of icedtea-web-1.2_1, which I think is a dependency of
openjdk7.

To fix this, x11-fonts/dejavu needs to be added as a build dependency,
at least according to this link:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-java/2011-April/009201.html

I'm hoping that openjdk7 includes the icedtea web plugin. According to
this link: http://www.freshports.org/ there is no FreeBSD port for the
icedtea-web-2.x plugin version that should be used with openjdk7,
according to this link: http://icedtea.classpath.org/wiki/Main_Page

Please CC me on replies as I am not currently subscribed to the list.

By the way, PC-BSD is a great OS!

-John Katzmaier