[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] EasyPBI unable to build?

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Sun Apr 29 05:05:08 PDT 2012

On 04/29/2012 04:28, Sam Lin wrote:
> Hi again PCBSDer,
>
> Just checked the ftp url and realized that there is something weird
> with the url given in the build log which in my previous mail I
> mentioned that there is a double-slash.
>
> In the build log the ftp url is like this:
>
> ftp://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/pcbsd//amd64/netinstall/fbsd-release.tbz
>
> whereas when I check the ftp mirror site it actually should be like this:
>
> ftp://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/pcbsd/9.0/amd64/netinstall/fbsd-release.tbz
> <ftp://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/pcbsd//amd64/netinstall/fbsd-release.tbz>
>
> In other words in the double slashes there should have been a "9.0" in
> there. I wonder why is this. Is there anyway we can fix this bug?
>
> Regards,
> Sam
>

> On 29 April 2012 20:17, Sam Lin <semin2006 at gmail.com
> <mailto:semin2006 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi PCBSDer,
>
>     I was trying to use EasyPBI to create a pbi for /print/lilypond on
>     my computer (PCBSD9.0-amd64) just now, but when I tried to build
>     the module it shows the following message:
>
>     ====================
>
>     This libgtop was compiled on FreeBSD 9.0-RC3 amd64
>     If you see strange problems caused by it,
>     you should recompile libgtop and dependent applications
>     Fetching FreeBSD chroot environment... This may take a while...
>
>     fetch:
>     ftp://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/pcbsd//amd64/netinstall/fbsd-release.tbz:
>     File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
>
>     fetch:
>     ftp://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/pcbsd//amd64/netinstall/fbsd-release.tbz.md5:
>     File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
>
>     md5: rel.tbz: No such file or directory
>     cat: rel.md5:
>     No such file or directory
>
>     pbi_makeport: Error in download data, checksum mismatch.. Please
>     try again later.
>
>     LibGTop-Server: pid 59716 received eof.
>
>     ====================
>
>     I am not sure why it says fbsd-release.tbz is not available here,
>     but I noted that in the ftp url above (mirror in Australia),
>     between "pcbsd" and "amd64" there are double slashes rather than a
>     single slash. Could this be the cause?
>
>     Regards,
>     Sam

This bug has already been fixed in source for a long time, but the
FreeBSD port (and by effect, the PBI) have not been updated even after a
couple requests to the maintainer.

There are two fixes/workarounds for the problem:
1) If you start EasyPBI from the CLI and try to build your PBI, it will
display the auto-generated command as an info message in the terminal.
Close EasyPBI and run that command *in* the terminal one time and it
will fetch the file with the appropriate paths for you (and build that
first PBI). After that, the EasyPBI GUI will work properly for building
PBI's.

2) Get the updated version of EasyPBI from source. There has been a lot
of enhancements to EasyPBI (including module editing and better
autodetection), and it is going to get included in the PC-BSD base
system with PC-BSD 9.1. To get it, run these command in a terminal:
(This requires SVN and the development-Qt system package)
svn co svn://svn.pcbsd.org/pcbsd/current/src-qt4/EasyPBI EasyPBI-source
cd EasyPBI-source
qmake-qt4 *.pro
su
make
To run: just type "EasyPBI" from the terminal (as a user preferably)

I hope this helps!