[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] libreoffice 3.5.2 ready for pbi

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 26 08:30:34 PDT 2012

Hi all,

Just send this for you to know that new libreoffice 3.5.2_2 is now fully working
and ready for pbi building (I do hope no other bug report :)) but from my
testings everything for normal use work as expected.

Please not that pcbsd users reported libreoffice was not able to detect
installed java (Reported to office@ by Dru Lavigne) this is now fixed on normal
FreeBSD.

When packaging, please note that now localisation packages have been separated
from libreoffice allowing you to create per locale pbi easily.

by default editors/libreoffice is build with en_US and without the en_US
dictionaries, to add them just pick the necessary mythes/hunspell/hyphen package from
the ports tree.

It is expected to find all his user dictionnaries in ${LOCALBASE}/share/mythes,
${LOCALBASE}/share/hunspell, ${LOCALBASE}/share/hyphen.

the different lang package will give you for each supported locales:
- the localisation files
- the located help (if available for the said locale)
- the locale dictionnary (if you just want the dictionnary the full locale is not
  needed only ductionnaries (mythes/hunspell/hyphen from the ports) are useful

I have pay attention do .desktop and mime so everything should be ok here for
you.

if you have any problem do not hesitate to ping me, I tested kde4 and gtk
support so everything should be ok for the desktop you do support.

Be aware than on really recent current, clang, is mort strict about code
quality, so I need to add some patches to be able to build it, I'm working on
it.

libreoffice 3.5.3 should be released pretty much soon but I don't plan to work
on it right now, so you are safe building 3.5.2 :D

regards,
bapt