[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] PBI submissions Xorg-minimal, DejaVu, Core fonts for the Web , Gtk-engines2, Oxygen-Gtk, Nodoka, Tango Desktop Project, LXDE GTK+ theme switcher, GTK+ chtheme

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Tue Apr 17 10:04:44 PDT 2012

On 04/06/2012 15:47, nemysis wrote:
> Xorg-minimal
>
> This is a metaport for least amount of ports needed to run a X.Org
> server.
>
> Use allways this to install X in PC-BSD.
>
> http://www.freshports.org/x11/xorg-minimal/
>

> DejaVu
>
> The DejaVu fonts are a font family based on the Bitstream Vera Fonts.
> Its purpose is to provide a wider range of characters while maintaining
> the original look and feel through the process of collaborative
> development.
>
> The mostly used fonts.
>
> http://www.freshports.org/x11-fonts/dejavu/
>

> Core fonts for the Web
>
> This is a collection of high quality and free to use TrueType fonts
> created by Monotype and Microsoft Typography.  It consists of the
> following families:
>
>        Times New Roman, Courier New, Georgia, Trebuchet MS, Comic Sans MS
>        Arial, Arial Black, Verdana, Andale Mono, Impact
>
> http://www.freshports.org/x11-fonts/webfonts/
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Core_fonts_for_the_Web
>

> Gtk-engines2
>
> Theme engine for the gtk+-2.0 toolkit.
>
> http://www.freshports.org/x11-themes/gtk-engines2/
>

> Oxygen-Gtk
>
> Oxygen-Gtk is a port of the default KDE widget theme (Oxygen) to gtk.
>
> http://www.freshports.org/x11-themes/gtk-oxygen-engine/
>

> Nodoka
>
> Nodoka is the new Fedora default theme for Gnome. This port install the
> engine and GTK themes.
>
> http://www.freshports.org/x11-themes/gtk-nodoka-engine/
>

> Tango Desktop Project
>
> An extra set of Tango icons that is usable on Gnome.
>
> Install too x11-themes/icons-tango, not need for 2 PBI.
>
> http://www.freshports.org/x11-themes/icons-tango-extras/
>

> LXDE GTK+ theme switcher
>
> A desktop-independent theme switcher for GTK+
>
> http://www.freshports.org/x11-themes/lxappearance/
>

> GTK+ chtheme
>
> This little program lets you change your Gtk+ 2.0 theme. The aim is to
> make theme preview and selection as slick as possible. Themes installed
> on the system are presented for selection and previewed on the fly. For
> a comprehensive demonstration there's a large variety of widgets.
>
> It was originally derived from Gtk Theme Switch, but what started out as
> a hack to remove various nuisances now shares no code whatsoever anymore
> with the original.
>
> http://www.freshports.org/x11/gtkchtheme/
>

> Sorry I can't find icons for these PBI.

Thank you for your patience, now that I am back from a conference I am
going through all your PBI submissions.

Summary of changes:

Not committed;
  -- Already in base system: xorg-minimal, lxappearance
  -- Not good as a PBI, should be port install (all themes):
icons-tango-extras, icons-tango, gtk-nodoka-engine, gtk-oxygen-engine,
gtk-engines2

Committed;
  -- Good to go: gtkchtheme
  -- Still needs some custom scripting: Dejavu, webfonts

Thanks for the modules!