[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] PBI submissions MesaGL, Mesa-demos

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Fri Apr 6 08:19:07 PDT 2012

On 04/04/12 16:30, nemysis wrote:
> MesaGL
>
> Mesa is a 3-D graphics library with an API which is very similar to that
> of OpenGL*.  To the extent that Mesa utilizes the OpenGL command syntax
> or state machine, it is being used with authorization from Silicon
> Graphics, Inc.  However, the author makes no claim that Mesa is in any
> way a compatible replacement for OpenGL or associated with Silicon
> Graphics, Inc.
>
> This is a Mangled version of Mesa in order to do off-screen rendering
> in other packages like VTK. Offscreen rendering is useful for a
> number of things, such as batch processing, parallel processing, and
> remote processing.
>
> http://www.mesa3d.org/
>
> http://www.freshports.org/graphics/mesagl/
>

> Mesa-demos
>
> Mesa's OpenGL utility and demo programs (glxgears and glxinfo)
>
> http://www.mesa3d.org/
>
> http://www.freshports.org/graphics/mesa-demos/
>
> Added options for nVidia, in PC-BSD is nVidia best supported
>
> "WITH_NVIDIA_GL=true
>
> Perhaps is better to add only this mesa-demos to MesaGL with options
>
> PBI_MKPORTAFTER="graphics/mesa-demos"
>

> libosmesa
>
> This is a Off-Screen version of Mesa in order to do off-screen
> rendering in other packages like VTK. Offscreen rendering is useful for
> a number of things, such as batch processing, parallel process
>
> http://www.mesa3d.org/
>
> http://www.freshports.org/graphics/libosmesa/

These three programs are basically just libraries, and not good
candidates for PBI's. These ports will be included in other PBI's that
need them by default, but by themselves they don't really do anything.
As such, I have not added them to our build server, but if you come
across any other programs that would make good PBI's, please send them in!