[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] PBI submissions

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Mon Apr 2 10:00:48 PDT 2012

On 03/29/2012 17:19, nemysis at gmx.ch wrote:
> Fluxbox
>
> A small and fast window manager based on Blackbox
>
> http://www.fluxbox.org/
>
> http://www.freshports.org/x11-themes/fluxbox-tenr-styles-pack/
>
> Added Options and x11-themes/fluxbox-tenr-styles-pack
>

> bxPKG
>
> Stand alone package manager for FreeBSD(pkgsrc) with GTK+ frontend
>
> https://code.google.com/p/bxpkg/
>
> http://www.freshports.org/ports-mgmt/bxpkg/
>
> This IP address don't works, please adjust FreeBSD Ports too
>
> http://bxpkg.bsdroot.lv/

Since fluxbox is already included in the base PC-BSD system, I just
added the fluxbox theme set you specified to the base as well (is a
simple theme pack, almost no overhead). For window managers, we have a
different method of making those available (as meta-packages that can be
added/removed from the base system) rather than as PBI's. This way they
can be more integrated into the base system, but still easy to
add/remove. So it is probably better just to point us toward the ports
for a new window manager/theme for it and we can take care of it that way.

Your bxPKG module looked just fine, so I already added it to the build
server.
As to the web address change, you will want to email that notification
to the FreeBSD port maintainer so that he can make the appropriate changes.

Thanks for sending it in!