[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] lxsession-edit-0.2.0

Ryan Mitchener ryanmitchener at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 21:22:57 PDT 2011

Alright, I'm trying to learn how to create PBI's so I can be of more
help in the future. I figured I'd start with something small that wasn't
available in PBI repos or ports. So I am trying to create a PBI of
lxsession-edit.

It is a small program that only has one out-of-box (LXDE) requirement of
intltool. So I simply installed that from ports and proceeded to extract
the source lxsession-edit tarball I downloaded from LXDE's website.

after extracting I ran ./configure --prefix=/home/lxsession-edit-pbi/
then gmake
then gmake install

I then ran ldd on the lxsession-edit bin and copied all of the required
libraries into their respective folder in my lxsession-edit-pbi folder.

 From the get go, I cannot run lxsession-edit program from within the
directory like I can run chromium from chromium's PBI install folder in
/usr/pbi/chromium-i386. lxsession-edit doesn't do anything. It just says
command not found.

I went ahead and tried to create the PBI which I successfully did using
pbi_create. However even after "installing" it no folders or files had
be copied to /usr/pbi and I still could not run lxsession-edit.

Where did I go wrong? I shouldn't need any scripts or a config file if I
input the pbi information into the pbi_create command correct?
Unfortunately the PBI creator pbi only works for pcbsd 8 as I am on
pcbsd 9 beta 2 now.

Thanks for your help.

-Ryan Mitchener