[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Test module for KDEgames4

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Wed Oct 19 05:10:15 PDT 2011

On 10/18/11 18:22, Jesse Smith wrote:
> Ken,
>
> You'd mentioned getting multiple menu and desktop entries to be
> recognized and included into PBI modules. The port you gave as a good
> example was games/kdegames4. I've taken a stab at getting this module
> created by the automated script and it seems to be coming together
> okay. Would you please take a look at the attached and let me know if
> this is what you had in mind?
>
> Thanks,
> Jesse

Jesse, this module looks great! I compared it to our current module for
kdegames4 (that I had to do by hand) and about the only differences are
that PBI_PROGWEB was blank in your pbi.conf (because no website was
given for the port - not a problem with your script) and that the
desktop/menu entries "Name=" line was all lowercase for the binary name
(I suppose you could automatically make the first letter uppercase, but
that is a minor cosmetic issue).

Overall, it is a vast improvement! Now it should create entries for all
the binaries, and we can just delete the ones that are for CLI only,
which is much quicker than making new entries by hand.

Thanks Jesse!

--
~ Ken Moore ~
PCBSD/iXsystems