[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] More PBI modules

Jesse Smith jessefrgsmith at yahoo.ca
Tue Oct 11 09:35:13 PDT 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Moore <ken at pcbsd.org>
To: pbi-dev at lists.pcbsd.org
Subject: Re: [PC-BSD Pbi-dev] More PBI modules
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 12:18:03 -0400

On 10/11/11 11:28, Jesse Smith wrote:
> Ken,
>
> Considering the crude method of building the modules, I think 80% does
> sound good. Once the GUI apps are done I can make a small change to the
> script and go through again making modules for the command-line apps
> too.
>

> Kris,
>
> Last week you mentioned talking with some of the Ports people about ways
> to make this process smoother. I've noticed in the ports mailing list
> they sometimes post a list of ports that aren't maintained anymore and
> may be removed. Is there a way we could get a weekly/monthly batch of
> newly created ports? I think it would be helpful to be able to see that
> ports A, B & C were added and "B" is an app we could package as a PBI.
> It would allow us to move from passively accepting PBI requests to
> proactively building PBIs before people want them.
>

> Thanks
> Jesse

I just finished adding the www/ modules to the build server, and I think
you might need to check your script that compares to the currently
existing modules. There were a lot of duplications on this one that I
had to delete. I am going to look at the deskutils/ modules here in a
moment, but it probably has the same issue.

Also, I think you forgot to hit "reply to list" on this last reply...
that might be important if you want Kris to see it as well.    ;-)

Thanks for pointing out both issues (the e-mail and the duplication).
I'll check the script and see where I went wrong.

- Jesse