[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Advice to speed up pbi-makeport

Scott Ullrich sullrich at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 12:12:45 PDT 2011

My apologies if anyone received this twice - I did not see the message
in the archives.

--

Hi All,

We are in the middle of integrating PBI support into pfSense 2.1-dev
and was wondering if anyone had advice on speeding up the building
process for pbi-makeport.

Our old system would loop through all of our needed ports and run
make-package.   The new system loops through all the needed ports and
runs: /usr/local/sbin/pbi_makeport -o /usr/ports/packages/All/
category/portname

The new system takes about 4 days to build whereas our old system took
about 8 hours.

Is there any way to speedup the chroot creation and destruction or do
you have any other tips?

How long does it take the PC-BSD crew to build all of the PBI's?

Thanks in advance!