[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Games PBI modules

Jesse Smith jessefrgsmith at yahoo.ca
Wed Oct 5 08:59:22 PDT 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Moore <ken at pcbsd.org>
To: pbi-dev at lists.pcbsd.org
Subject: Re: [PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Games PBI modules
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 11:54:37 -0400

On 10/05/11 10:42, Jesse Smith wrote:
> This is my first run at making a batch of PBI modules all in one go. The
> attached archive holds about 100 PBI modules for ports in the "games"
> category of the Ports Collection.
>
> These ports were picked because they had:
> 1. pkg-plist files
> 2. Save at least one file in the PREFIX/bin directory
> 3. Have a .desktop entry.
>
> If this test run proves positive I'll repeat the process on other
> categories.
>
> - Jesse

They look good in general but I have a quick suggestion about icons.
Right now, you have no icon and none of the links setup for an icon
(desktop/menu entries, pbi.conf). I would suggest putting in a single
"dummy" icon with the appropriate name and all the entries properly
linking to this icon. The advantage to this is that you simply need to
*replace* the dummy icon with the appropriate one later. Otherwise in
addition to finding the new icon, you need to modify all the module
entries to point to the new icon which takes about 10-20x as long.

I am not sure how long this took for you to generate, but if you could
make this quick change and then rebuild these modules, that will save a
ton of time and energy for me to fix/commit them.
--
~ Ken Moore ~
PCBSD/iXsystems

Ken,

That makes sense. I will create a simple icon and rebuild these modules
to use the "dummy" image.

Jesse