[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Skype PBI missing alsa-plugins-oss module files

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Tue Oct 4 05:08:21 PDT 2011

On 10/04/11 02:15, Karl R. Grose wrote:
> Hi all, On a fresh PC-BSD 9.0-BETA3 amd64 install, I find that for sound to work
> for the Skype PBI I must add the linux-f10-alsa-plugins-oss package and
> configure the /compat/linux/etc/alsa/pcm/pcm-oss.conf file as noted in
> the Skype port pkg-message file. I do see that this plugin package is being built in the build log for
> net-im/skype linked from the pbibuild64.pcbsd.org autobuild site, but I
> don't see any of the alsa-plugin libraries themselves in the PBI files
> under ../lib/alsa-lib, for example. Perhaps the output from this package was not copied into the PBI output? --Karl Karl Grose
> Richmond, Calif.

Thanks for the notice! We just fixed a problem with linux libraries
being copied over when building a PBI a couple days ago, so I will
trigger the skype PBI to rebuild and see if that fixed it.

If you see any other PBI's of linux programs that are having issues in
the next couple days, please let me know so I can rebuild those and get
them working again!

--
~ Ken Moore ~
PCBSD/iXsystems