[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Skype PBI missing alsa-plugins-oss module files

Karl R. Grose karl at gromar.org
Mon Oct 3 23:15:29 PDT 2011

Hi all, On a fresh PC-BSD 9.0-BETA3 amd64 install, I find that for sound to work
for the Skype PBI I must add the linux-f10-alsa-plugins-oss package and
configure the /compat/linux/etc/alsa/pcm/pcm-oss.conf file as noted in
the Skype port pkg-message file. I do see that this plugin package is being built in the build log for
net-im/skype linked from the pbibuild64.pcbsd.org autobuild site, but I
don't see any of the alsa-plugin libraries themselves in the PBI files
under ../lib/alsa-lib, for example. Perhaps the output from this package was not copied into the PBI output? --Karl Karl Grose
Richmond, Calif.