[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Will EasyPBI be included in 9 ?

Brice ERRANDONEA berrandonea at yahoo.fr
Fri Nov 25 12:20:04 PST 2011

Having built a few applications with EasyPBI, I can say it's a great tool. I think it would be a good thing to include it in PC-BSD 9.

Besides helping to feed the AppCafé, it will also be very useful for any user : when the software they want is not in the AppCafé,
a few clicks are enough to build the PBI they want with EasyPBI. It takes long to build each one but not longer than building them
from ports in the Portjail. Creating the portjail, understand its purpose, understand how it works, what ports are, what "make install clean" means,
and what to do with compilation options is quite difficult for a newbie. Using EasyPBI to obtain the same application is, by far, easier. And
there will no longer be any problem to connect the application in the jail to the X server on the main system.