[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Cairo-Dock

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Wed Nov 23 08:27:44 PST 2011

On 11/23/11 11:13, Fletch wrote:
> On 11/22/11 17:14, Fletch wrote:
> > Two packages; cairo-dock-9 and cairo-dock-plugins-9 for release 9. No
> > icnons need as there is no desktop launcher.
> >
> > Cairo-Dock is a light and eye-candy dock for XFCE.

> I am not sure what you want us to do with these...
> We already have a PBI for cairo-dock in the AppCafe (and it is the
> current version in FreeBSD ports). In addition, the file you sent for
> cairo-dock-9 is not a PBI module.
> Could you please explain why you sent these in?
>
> --
> ~~ Ken Moore ~~
> PC-BSD/iXsystems
>
> Cairo-Dock didn't show in Appcafe.when I searched. I probably used the
> wrong search term. I installed cairo-dock  and the plugins with
> pbimaker. It was my understanding the files in the pbimaker folder
> were modules and could be submitted. The cairo plugins are needed to
> allow the cairo-dock to function.

Just type "Cairo" into the search bar for the AppCafe and you will find
it... :-)

I am not sure about pbimaker, but EasyPBI produces modules for PBI's.
What you sent in appeared to simply be a number of the files to be
packaged into the PBI, not a full module.
Instructions for EasyPBI are now listed on the PC-BSD wiki page if you
want to try that one instead!