[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] PBI for Netatalk

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Wed Nov 16 10:18:53 PST 2011

On 11/11/2011 17:38, Andriy Bakay wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to build PBI package for Netatalk from FreeBSD ports and have several questions. The Netatalk depends on Avahi and DBus daemons. The 'pbi_makeport' produced PBI package with all of the Avahi and DBus binaries, mans, etc. included. This is not very efficient, because Netatalk need only client libraries (etc.) to communicate to these daemons.
>
> How I can create PBI package from port to have only what needed? What the usual best practices for such daemons which depends on other daemons? Maybe you have some examples for such cases?
>
> Please advise.
>
> Thanks,
> Andriy

At this moment the pbi_makeport command prunes anything which isn't
listed as a RUN_DEPEND / LIB_DEPEND, getting rid of the BUILD_DEPENDS
and such. I'm not sure if there is a *clean* way to auto-prune other
things at the moment. It is possible to prune stuff manually by setting
"PBI_EXCLUDELIST= " in pbi.conf though.

http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/PBI_Module_Builder_Guide#Module_Components