[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] PBI for Netatalk

Andriy Bakay andriy at irbisnet.com
Fri Nov 11 14:38:55 PST 2011

Hi All,

I am trying to build PBI package for Netatalk from FreeBSD ports and have several questions. The Netatalk depends on Avahi and DBus daemons. The 'pbi_makeport' produced PBI package with all of the Avahi and DBus binaries, mans, etc. included. This is not very efficient, because Netatalk need only client libraries (etc.) to communicate to these daemons.

How I can create PBI package from port to have only what needed? What the usual best practices for such daemons which depends on other daemons? Maybe you have some examples for such cases?

Please advise.

Thanks,
Andriy