[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] PBIMaker and EasyPBI

Jesse Smith jessefrgsmith at yahoo.ca
Sun Nov 6 12:01:16 PST 2011

On 11-11-06 01:59 PM, Hakisho Nukama wrote:
> 2011/11/5 Jesse Smith<jessefrgsmith at yahoo.ca>:
>> PBIers,
>>
>> I've submitted of PBIMaker to the ports tree. It includes various bug fixes and better support for PBI 9 modules. It also includes a default icon. Hopefully we'll see that pushed into the tree soon.
>>
>> On similar note, I've created a port for the EasyPBI graphical front-end of PBIMaker. The shell archive of this new port is attached. Please note this port hasn't been tested yet as I don't have the time/bandwidth to download/compile all the Qt framework. If you do, please give the attached port a try. If it works I'll submit it to the ports collection.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jesse

> Hi Jesse Smith
>
> I've encountered an error during building the easypbi port:
> #===>   Building for easypbi-0.3
> #cd: /usr/home/user/ports-devel/devel/easypbi/work/easypbi-0.3: No
> such file or #directory
> #*** Error code 2
> #
> #Stop in /usr/home/user/ports-devel/devel/easypbi.
>
> Indeed it is extracted to work/EasyPBI, but looks for easypbi-0.3.
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/book.html#MAKEFILE-WRKDIR
>
> Just specify it inside Makefile with:
> WRKSRC=      ${WRKDIR}/EasyPBI
>
> With WRKSRC it complains about not finding a Makefile.
>
> I've changed some parts of the Makefile according to
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/book.html#QT-ADDITIONAL
>
> Additionally I've changed the bin/easypbi to bin/EasyPBI inside
> pkg-plist (or the make install target should be changed to easypbi, if
> bin/easypbi is specified) plus
> some cosmetic fixes to please portlint.
> Is pbimaker a run dependency? Or only needed for the defaulticon?
> EasyPBI is running without pbimaker installed.
> The version still displays 1.0 even if I install pbimaker-1.1.
>
> In 0.4 the pbi-manager is getting a run dependency, if you try to run
> pbi_makeport. But if you're inside FreeBSD there is no pbi-manager
> installed by default.
> And no PCBSD tool ("pc-su") to run with root privileges is provided
> inside FreeBSD, portsjail or warden jail.
>
> Building pbi-modules inside jails isn't supported, but on bare FreeBSD
> it could be (if dependencies are installed and discovering a way to
> elevate pbi_makeport to required privileges, starting EasyPBI as root
> doesn't work)
> Maybe there should be some checking, and warning if you're inside a
> jail, and a hint that EasyPBI for module-building on bare FreeBSD is
> not supported.
>
> I've attached the easypbi.shar with these changes (build-able and runnable).
>
> Best Regards and thanks for all the code,
> Hakisho Nukama

Hakisho Nukama,

Thank you very much for cleaning up the port and making it work. It is
very appreciated.

You're right about PBIMaker, the dependency is there so we can make use
of the default icon. And the version number has been corrected in the
updated port I submitted yesterday.

I will submit the EasyPBI port to the ports collection. Hopefully it
will be available for everyone to install soon.

Thanks again,
Jesse