[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] EasyPBI

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Sat Nov 5 12:56:27 PDT 2011

On 11/05/11 15:06, Jesse Smith wrote:
> Ken,
>
> The new EasyPBI snapshot looks good. I gave it a whirl and it appears
> to be working ok. One thing I noticed is when we try to build a PBI
> package there isn't any warning if the pbi_makeport command isn't on
> the system. As I understand it, this tool will exist on all PC-BSD 9
> installs, but may not exist in FreeBSD 9 or PC-BSD 8. We should
> probably check for that and pop-up a warning.
>
> I've uploaded a revision which adds a quick check to see if EasyPBI
> can guess whether the port we are working on is a GUI or console app.
> I believe Tigersharke suggested this as a requested feature. If the
> port is known to contain a .desktop file, bitmaps, png files or
> similar files, it's assumed to be a desktop app. Otherwise EasyPBI
> assumes it's a console program.
>
> - Jesse

That is a good idea Jesse, I will add it to my list of features to work
on next week. Great idea on looking for image files to check whether it
is a GUI app or not. That should make the program much "smarter" so that
the average user should have EasyPBI modules work without any additional
modifications.