[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] EasyPBI

Jesse Smith jessefrgsmith at yahoo.ca
Sat Nov 5 12:06:56 PDT 2011

Ken,

The new EasyPBI snapshot looks good. I gave it a whirl and it appears to
be working ok. One thing I noticed is when we try to build a PBI package
there isn't any warning if the pbi_makeport command isn't on the system.
As I understand it, this tool will exist on all PC-BSD 9 installs, but
may not exist in FreeBSD 9 or PC-BSD 8. We should probably check for
that and pop-up a warning.

I've uploaded a revision which adds a quick check to see if EasyPBI can
guess whether the port we are working on is a GUI or console app. I
believe Tigersharke suggested this as a requested feature. If the port
is known to contain a .desktop file, bitmaps, png files or similar
files, it's assumed to be a desktop app. Otherwise EasyPBI assumes it's
a console program.

- Jesse