[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] New EasyPBI
tigersharke at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 23:07:09 PDT 2011
I would make these suggestions:
- At initial start or after reset, Dim/Grey-out and/or set 'inactive'
the fields and buttons.
- Remove the superfluous popup error messages due to clicking buttons at
initial start or after reset.
- Pre-fill the icon value with "defaulticon.png", but dimmed/inactive at
initial start/reset. (GUI as default is pre-checked).
- Values that cannot be changed once filled-in automatically, should not
be editable (such as the port name) and the value instead be displayed in
simple bold text.
- In addition to highlighting the standard ports location, expand it one
level further (showing accessibility, archivers, arabic.. etc).
- Possiblity of a "guess at GUI", due to certain dependencies,
libraries, or other attributes of the port chosen.
- If the standard ports tree is used/chosen (easily known due to its
proper path) other assumptions and checks (idiot-proofing) can be made.
I like the method of traversing the ports tree to locate the port. This may
be slightly tedious, but its a good way to relate to the ports tree, and
certainly a nice touch to be able to paste the path (such as one obtained
from a browse of freshports.org).
I am using KDE with 64bit v9.0rc1, EasyPBI v0.3..
- If after initial start or reset, the GUI checkbox is clicked (to
remove the tick) EasyPBI immediately crashes with a seg fault.
- If a port is chosen, then the fields are all reset, the message does
not revert to "To get started, please select "New Module" from the file
Thanks for your efforts!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Pbi-dev