[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] New EasyPBI

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Tue Nov 1 09:20:44 PDT 2011

On 10/31/11 18:43, Jesse Smith wrote:
> I have made some improvements to EasyPBI. As per Ken's suggestion,
> EasyPBI will now try to locate the defaulticon.png file if it can't
> figure out any better icon for the port. EasyPBI searches for this
> default icon in the current working directory and, if it's not there,
> it will check PREFIX/share/pbimaker/
>
> The underlying library has been updated so it no longer assumes ports
> are kept in /usr/ports. We should now be able to work with a port tree
> in any location. So if the user downloads the ports tree using
> EasyPBI, we can now work with ports under the user's home. This
> removes the last "root requirement".
>
> The latest version is attached. If it works okay, I'll submit an
> updated PBIMaker and EasyPBI to FreeBSD's ports collection.
>
> - Jesse

Jesse,
I just ran EasyPBI to make games/alienblaster, then ran pbi_makport on
the module and it built/worked perfectly! I think it is about ready for
release.

BTW, I am also working on a GUI for EasyPBI to actually run pbi_makeport
(with appropriate options) once I get it to semi-working condition, I
will send it to you. The only issue that I have seen is that
pbi_makeport *requires* root permissions to run. At least it should be
the only part of the program that does.... :-)