[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] games/anki

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Tue Nov 1 06:52:26 PDT 2011

On 10/31/2011 18:50, Hakisho Nukama wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've tried building my first PBI-Port, resulting in a 300Mb heavy PBI.
>
> Partly because math/py-numpy with FORTRAN=YES sets RUN_DEPENDS to gcc46.
> And I'm not aware, if a run-time dependency is really needed.
> There might be more unneeded stuff getting packed inside this PBI.
> How to quickly enumerate which files are needed?
>
> Only excluding directories is laborious, why not specify
> single/multiple ports for exclusion?
> PBI_EXCLUDEPORT= (excluding single port)
> PBI_EXCLUDEPORTS= (excluding port and its dependencies)
>
> Or should this be done inside scripts/post-portmake.sh?
>
> Extending PBI_EXCLUDEDIR with the ability to include some files /
> directories could also be practical.
> PBI_INCLUDEDIR= (including files / dir inside EXCLUDEDIR)
> PBI_EXCLUDEDIR=

Are you using the "pbi_makeport" command? It should auto-prune the build
dependencies and leave you with only the required stuff. Still the idea
of PBI_EXCLUDEPORT seems interesting, may have to add that in a future
revision.

> Now some issues I encountered with games/anki.
>
> For "Japanese Support" there are no x11-fonts installed, Hiragana,
> Katakana and Kanji needs fonts (maybe x11-fonts/cyberbit-ttfonts &
> japanese/font-kochi )? Or should Base-I18N handle this?
> Furthermore it needs japanse/py-mecab.
The fonts should be installed with Base-I18N. I'll add those to it
though for RC2. the py-mecab should be included with the PBI though.

> Pinyin Toolkit displays fonts with x11-fonts/wqy, but needs
> www/py-beautifulsoup and devel/py-dateutil to run.
>
> Audio-support requires multimedia/mplayer to work.
>
> I've also included print/latex, but that wouldn't display all math formulas.
>
> If someone finds another dependency or a fix let me know.
>

> Regards,
> Hakisho Nukama

Do you have a module you can attach so we can test this? Most of these
depends should be included with your PBI. Also, if the port uses python
its possible that the scripts have the wrong #!/usr/local/bin/python
line still at the top.