[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Port Requests

Dru Lavigne drulavigne at sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 14 06:30:45 PDT 2011

> > As I'm sure you all know, we have a section of the forum dedicated to
> > Port requests. What I didn't know up until today is that there is a wiki
> > on the FreeBSD website for Port requests too.
> > (http://wiki.freebsd.org/WantedPorts)
> >
> > A quick run through the two shows virtually no over-lap. I can't help
> > but think our Port requests might get more attention if they were
> > included on the FreeBSD waiting list.
> > I agree, we should merge the two. Is anybody interested in doing that?
> > Or should we just point our users to the FreeBSD wiki to add wanted ports?
>
> I signed up for an account, but I don't appear to have edit access to
> any pages, including the wiki sandbox. According to the documentation
> there should be an "edit" button on each page, but I'm not getting it.
> Do I need gain write permission to the FreeBSD server to work on the
> wiki?

Correct, you need to have someone with a FreeBSD commit bit to give you wiki access.

Just some background on this: the pbi request forum was created as the result of a conversation at the DevSummit at EuroBSDCon on how to better integrate what PC-BSD and FreeBSD are doing. As requested, I emailed the forum link to the ports committer who maintains the FreeBSD WantedPorts link. Sounds like something we should revisit at the BSDCan DevSummit...

Cheers,

Dru