[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] PBI module for LibreOffice - with some glitch

Sam Lin semin2006 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 15:10:39 PST 2011

On 13 March 2011 09:00, <pbi-dev-request at lists.pcbsd.org> wrote:

>   1. Re: PBI module for LibreOffice - with some glitch (Ken Moore)
> Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 09:40:18 -0500
> From: Ken Moore <ken at pcbsd.org>
> To: pbi-dev at lists.pcbsd.org
> Subject: Re: [PC-BSD Pbi-dev] PBI module for LibreOffice - with some
>        glitch
>
> Sam,
>
> I have just finished comparing LibreOffice 3.3.1 and OpenOffice 3.2.1
> (both downloaded with the software manager). I am unable to reproduce
> this slowness that you described in LibreOffice. I also verified that
> both LibreOffice and OpenOffice have nearly identical visual effects and
> integration within KDE. Whether this is a KDE3 or KDE4 integration I
> cannot speak to, but it appears to match my desktop theme fairly well
> without appearing "old".
>
> As such, I do not see a reason to remove LibreOffice from pbidir at this
> time. If you find an error that I
> can reproduce, I will consider removing the PBI.
>
> ~Ken Moore

Hi Ken -

That's interesting to hear it looks and works fine on your system. Can you
please send me some screenshots of your LibreOffice 3.3.1 and OpenOffice
3.2.1 so that I can see how it should have looked like.

As for the slowness I have experienced, since it's not reproducible on your
system I am now suspecting I might need to re-install my PCBSD 8.2 again and
this time try vesa video driver rather than ati-radeon driver. I have
noticed some performance issues in my PCBSD 8.2 system and I should have
thought that this may have to do with my LibreOffice's slowness problem, as
I recall that something similar has happened to me on other app before (an
issue about malfunctioning rendering on screen in Gimp).

Sam