[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Java topic

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Thu Mar 10 06:31:40 PST 2011

On 03/08/11 17:04, Jesse Smith wrote:
> I checked the existing Eclipse PBI and it looks like it is using a
> pre-build script to download JDK and work around the license
> requirement. Originally I had thought to use this in other PBIs, but it
> seems kind of... hackish.
>
> The idea of changing the dependency to use OpenJDK sounds like a much
> cleaner idea.
>
> - Jesse

Jesse,

I think the javapack.tbz still needs to be downloaded to build openjdk
though, since openjdk itself relies on the diablo-jdk stuff, which has
to be manually fetched.

I've cleaned up the eclipse preportmake.sh though, it really only needs
to download the javapack.tbz file now, since the build servers set some
other options to ignore the license checks and such.