[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] New PBI modules

Jesse Smith jessefrgsmith at yahoo.ca
Mon Jun 27 08:50:31 PDT 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Moore <ken at pcbsd.org>
To: pbi-dev at lists.pcbsd.org
Subject: Re: [PC-BSD Pbi-dev] New PBI modules
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 11:29:36 -0400

On 06/27/2011 10:38, Jesse Smith wrote:
> Please find attached two new PBI modules. OpenSSN is a submarine
> simulator, based on the SDL libraries. The other is PBImaker, my
> command-line tool for automating the PBI module creation process.

> Yes, I just used PBImaker to make its own PBI module, so I expect my
> computer will turn inside-out soon.
>
> Cheers,
> Jesse

I just finished adding these module to the build server.

Thanks Jesse! I am interested in seeing how your pbimaker works, because
I usually do them by hand....   :-)

--
~Ken Moore

Ken,

I find it usually works well. For GUI applications I can just run

pbimaker -8 -9 -s /usr/ports/category/name

And, a second later, it's done. The only thing PBImaker usually has
trouble with is finding icons. So I pass it a fall-back icon...

pbimaker -8 -9 -s -b my_alt_icon.png /usr/ports/category/name

It's rare that I have to do any custom tweaking to the modules.

You're probably experienced enough you can put together a module in a
minute or two from a template, so it might not be a big time saver for
you, but I find it speeds up my work a lot.

- Jesse