[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] problem with inmates

Dru Lavigne drulavigne at sympatico.ca
Mon Jan 10 14:20:51 PST 2011

> As for the .wit files ending up with .pbi extensions, I'll have to dig into that a bit further. Since the
> software manager is geared towards PBIs it may be best to provide another way for grabbing inmate files to
> avoid any possible confusion as to why an inmate is listed on PBIdir :)

Agreed. It may be worthwhile to modify the Warden GUI so that something along the lines of the following happens when a user chooses to install an inmate:

1. a screen asks for the location of a previously downloaded wit file on the local system. That screen would have a button called "find inmates" which would show a list of available inmates (e.g. similar to the results of searching for "inmate" in Software Manager). Warden could query a location other than the pbibuild server so inmates no longer show up in Software Manager.

2. if the user chose to "find inmates", a secondary screen prompts if they wish to save a copy of the .wit file and where to save it if the answer is yes.

3. Warden would then automatically (download and) install the selected inmate.

Cheers,

Dru