[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] problem with inmates

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Mon Jan 10 14:05:16 PST 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 05:23:59PM +0000, Dru Lavigne wrote:

> There's a problem with the 2 inmates (joomla and apache). If you download them in Software Browser, they download then just disappear. If you configure Software Manager to save downloaded PBIs, they are saved with a .pbi instead of a .wit extension, meaning that Warden can't find the .wit file. If you try to install the PBI, nothing happens.
>
> I'm not sure about the Apache one, but I happened to download the Joomla inmate on Dec. 29. That version did end in .wit (so perhaps something changed on the build server between Dec. 29 and now). However, when I try to install that inmate, it fails with this error:
>

> /Programs/Warden/warden/scripts/backend/installinmate.sh: ${IFILE:0...}: Bad substitution
> Cheers,
> Dru

Fixed the installinmate error a while back, will be included in the new version of Warden
that I'm working on now.

As for the .wit files ending up with .pbi extensions, I'll have to dig into that a bit further. Since the
software manager is geared towards PBIs it may be best to provide another way for grabbing inmate files to
avoid any possible confusion as to why an inmate is listed on PBIdir :)