[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] PBI module for LibreOffice - with some glitch

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Thu Feb 24 06:28:58 PST 2011

On 02/24/2011 04:50, Sam Lin wrote:
> Hello.
> For the last few weeks I have been working on building pbi module for
> LibreOffice (22 hours for each time of build on my lappy...) and now the
> result seems encouraging and the pbi module is attached. The module was
> originally adapted from that of OpenOffice and it's almost done - except
> some minor glitches. One of the glitches is that my LibreOffice product
> does not look to be integrating with KDE4 very well comparing with
> OpenOffice. As you can see from the attached five snapshots for my
> latest build trial, you shall see that the styles/icons/background color
> or even the whole interface of LO do not integrate in KDE4 as good as
> those of OOo (or I would say it's quite ugly or rusty in LO). Seems
> somehow LO is not reflecting the Oxygen theme.
> For my latest build trial I had turned on a configuration option
> "KDE4=on" ("With Qt4/KDE4 vclplug support" in accordance with
> http://www.freshports.org/editors/libreoffice/) but I would say the
> results are, as you see in the snapshots, quite ugly. But I cannot see
> any other configuration option that would make LO look as integrating as
> OOo.
> Now I am stuck - what do I do with the module files to make LO more
> "elegant" like OOo from here?
> Also, LibreOffice has another configuration option - "GNOME=off
> (default) "Better integration in gnome environnement"". For PCBSD 8.x
> which use KDE4 by default any configuration option for better
> integration in KDE4 shall be turned on, and any other option to
> integrate in other DE e.g. GNOME may not be necessary. But how about
> PCBSD 9.x?
> Sam

I'm not really sure why its not looking a bit more integrated, it could
be the port is slightly different, or that part of the source is
different as well. Anyway, I'm going to commit your module, and set the
same make options we use on OO:

We'll give that a run through, and see what happens :)

- --
Version: GnuPG v2.0.16 (FreeBSD)