[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] PBI module for LibreOffice - with some glitch

Sam Lin semin2006 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 01:50:30 PST 2011

Hello.

For the last few weeks I have been working on building pbi module for
LibreOffice (22 hours for each time of build on my lappy...) and now the
result seems encouraging and the pbi module is attached. The module was
originally adapted from that of OpenOffice and it's almost done - except
some minor glitches. One of the glitches is that my LibreOffice product does
not look to be integrating with KDE4 very well comparing with OpenOffice. As
you can see from the attached five snapshots for my latest build trial, you
shall see that the styles/icons/background color or even the whole interface
of LO do not integrate in KDE4 as good as those of OOo (or I would say it's
quite ugly or rusty in LO). Seems somehow LO is not reflecting the Oxygen
theme.

For my latest build trial I had turned on a configuration option "KDE4=on"
("With Qt4/KDE4 vclplug support" in accordance with
http://www.freshports.org/editors/libreoffice/) but I would say the results
are, as you see in the snapshots, quite ugly. But I cannot see any other
configuration option that would make LO look as integrating as OOo.

Now I am stuck - what do I do with the module files to make LO more
"elegant" like OOo from here?

Also, LibreOffice has another configuration option - "GNOME=off (default)
"Better integration in gnome environnement"". For PCBSD 8.x which use KDE4
by default any configuration option for better integration in KDE4 shall be
turned on, and any other option to integrate in other DE e.g. GNOME may not
be necessary. But how about PCBSD 9.x?

Sam