[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Files in OpenOffice module

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Tue Feb 22 06:24:50 PST 2011

On 02/20/2011 06:36, Sam Lin wrote:
> I am looking into the pbi module for OpenOffice and would like to know
> what some of the files/statements are for (some of these are not stated
> in PBIbuilder guide wiki).
>
> 1. In "copy-files" there are a few lines:
>
> /usr/local/openoffice* ./
> /usr/local/openoffice*/program/*.bin bin/
> /usr/local/bin/classpath bin/
>
> What exactly are this lines copying into bin/ (or what are these lines for)?
>
> 2. In file "dirstatus" there is only an entry says "Active". What is
> this file for?

Both copy-files and dirstatus are now defunct, so you can safely not
include them.

> 3. In directory "overlay-dir" there is a PBI.SetupScript.sh
> <http://PBI.SetupScript.sh> in which some symlinks are created. What are
> these symlinks for? Are these symlinks necessary? What could happen if I
> comment these symlinks out?

You could comment those out, but in this case I was creating the
sym-links so the kmenu icons could simple point to "swriter" instead of
swriter-open-foo* or whatever it was originally.

> 4. Can I assign a .svg image file instead of .png file for the PROGICON
> in pbi.conf? Would .svg adversely slow down the system (especially on a
> real) at some stage e.g. when showing application list in kickoff etc as
> .svg is a vector image format?
>
> Sam

For now I'd say stick with a PNG file, some parts of the PBI format for
8 may not understand SVG properly :)

- --