[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] pbibuild without portsnap - is it possible?

Jesse Smith jessefrgsmith at yahoo.ca
Mon Feb 7 18:14:47 PST 2011

Sam,

Do you have to use the pbibuilder program to make this PBI? There is
also a PBI creator program that can assemble PBI packages from binaries,
rather than starting from source. If you want to try PBIcreator, then
you could download the required source code (at whatever location you
want), build the port you want with make at home, and then run
PBIcreator on it.

You can grab a copy of the PBIcreator program here:
http://pbidir.com/bt/pbi/7/pbi_creator

It won't give you the same clean-room build that pbibuilder does, but it
will give you a PBI package.

- Jesse