[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] pbibuild without portsnap - is it possible?

Sam Lin semin2006 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 17:25:55 PST 2011

I am about to build a (potentially huge) pbi recently, but unfortunately our
unreliable internet is now getting even worse and it's simply not usable
(even to check email is a big problem now). A possible workaround that has
come to my mind is to bring my laptop to somewhere else where I can access
to a fast internet, open a konsole and su, then make fetch-recursive all
required sources, take the laptop to my flat and leave it along to pbibuild
using the distfiles in /usr/ports/distfiles. The problem is, I know if I
just do something like "pbibuild 'app-name' " at my place the pbibuilder
would first run portsnap to try update the port tree, which a reliable
network is still required to do so.

My question is, is there any way that I could avoid running portsnap but
just get pbibuilder start building a pbi with the pre-fetched distfiles?

Sam