[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Creating a PBI with a symlink in /Programs/sbin

Bruce Cran bruce at cran.org.uk
Wed Feb 2 14:01:58 PST 2011

Hi,

I'm creating a PBI for sysutils/ataidle. The problem seems to be that
it normally installs into /usr/local/sbin but since /Programs/sbin
doesn't exist no symlink gets created - the files just go
into /Programs/ataidle . Since it's a command-line application that when
run with no arguments just displays the help text it needs to be in
$PATH and not have any shortcuts, icons etc. installed.

The other question I have is about avoiding unnecessary files in the
PBI. The executable is only 15KB and depends on libm libcam libc and
libsbuf but the PBI seems to pull in extra stuff like gettext and
results in a 3MB installation. Since I don't provide translations is
there a way of avoiding that?

--
Bruce Cran