[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] xmonad pbi

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Thu Dec 29 12:37:17 PST 2011

On 12/29/2011 13:09, Rob Messick wrote:
> I've created a pbi.conf for xmonad and tested the resulted build on my
> machine for about a week now. (Forum post:
> http://forums.pcbsd.org/showthread.php?p=91726)
>
> The pbi.conf can be found by cloning my mercurial repository here:
> https://www.robmessick.com/hg/public/pcbsd/
>
> If there are any corrections I should make or feedback you may have,
> please let me know. If not, please include this on the build cluster.
>

> Thanks,
> -Rob
> @mindKMST

Do you happen to have a full PBI module or just the pbi.conf?
By full module I mean any scripts, desktop/menu entries, icon in
resources directory, etc...
I am asking because generally a desktop environment needs to set a
couple variables in the base system to make it available to the login
manager before it can be used. This generally involves a more
specialized install script and root install permissions, which is not
contained solely within the pbi.conf file.