[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Module Submission: gmail-notifier

Ben Milman ben at ixsystems.com
Thu Dec 22 10:16:56 PST 2011

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 4:55 AM, Ken Moore <ken at pcbsd.org> wrote:

>  On 12/21/2011 20:40, Ben Milman wrote:
>
> Attached is a gmail-notifier module made with easyPBI. Other than
> appearing in lost and found in the menu and not having an icon, it is fully
> functional (I have been using it in gnome for the last few days). I made no
> changes from the default settings. EasyPBI indicated that it would show up
> in the Internet category.
>
>  Ben Milman

> I just added this module to the build server and fixed the icon issue.
> I have noticed that a number of PBI's are ending up in the "Lost and
> Found" menu. I think this happens when there is a typo (or
> mis-capitalization?) in the desired category or if that category does not
> exist.
> I did discover that with KDE many of the menu categories only exist if you
> installed the corresponding KDE system package. This is a relatively minor
> annoyance right now, but it is on my list of things to fix when things slow
> down a bit.
>
> --
> ~~ Ken Moore ~~
> PC-BSD/iXsystems

I installed it on gnome, and I did have the corresponding category
(Internet) in the menu. I don't know where in the resulting pbi.conf file
in the module the menu location is supposed to be stored (or if instead
it's determined at install time based on the underlying port directory, in
this case ports/mail -> Internet menu.)

Ben Milman