[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Using native FreeBSD host's port settings

developer at grinz.com developer at grinz.com
Tue Aug 30 18:31:40 PDT 2011

Greetings,

I am a FreeBSD "native" running 9.0-BETA1 with ports-mgmt/pbi-manager
installed from ports.

One of the reasons I upgraded early was to try out the new pbi system.

So far I have sucessfully built several PBIs with pbi_makeport, and I am
very impressed with the concept and execution (especially that
everything is written in shell).

Does pbi_makeport use the following from the host when compiling ports
in the chroot?
1) /var/db/ports
2) /etc/make.conf

Would it be possible to use ports-mgmt/portconf
(/usr/local/libexec/portconf, /usr/local/etc/ports.conf - set in
/etc/make.conf) during compilation?

Is there any further documentation regarding the meta-deta configuration
directory referenced on the PBI Manager Wiki?

I'm ready to start customizing the build process.

Thanks for any pointers and keep up the great work,
Ross