[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Question regarding PBI module settings

Jesse Smith jessefrgsmith at yahoo.ca
Tue Apr 19 17:32:09 PDT 2011

Can anyone tell me if values set in pbi.conf tickle down to other ports
that are being built?

For instance, let's look at BigBlueButton
(http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=bigbluebutton&stype=name).
It relies on Java (jdk). Now, if I make a module for BigBlueButton and
tell the port to use OpenJDK instead of Sun's JDK, will that setting
trickle down to ports BigBlueButton replies on, such as Red5? Or will I
need to do something further to make sure Red5 also uses OpenJDK?

Put another way, do variables set in pbi.conf get applied to just the
target port, or to all ports required to build the target?

Thanks,
Jesse