[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Improving automated PBI module creation

Jesse Smith jessefrgsmith at yahoo.ca
Fri Apr 15 07:50:46 PDT 2011

I've made some changes to the PBI module creator (Make-A-PBI). The
program can now run without root access and can try to guess all the
information it needs without building/installing anything. This makes
the program a few thousand times faster at building modules, but skips
some basic checks, such as making sure the port can be built.

I've made a release announcement on the forum along with some usage
examples here:

The Make-A-PBI program can be found here: http://makeapbi.sf.net
And the project's README file can be found here:

Of course modules should be manually checked for errors, but I think
this will work for most cases.

Feedback is welcome,