[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Draft PBI module for x11-wm/enlightenment (for 8.x version)... with something missed out? (repost)

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Wed Sep 29 07:39:36 PDT 2010

On 09/28/2010 18:38, Ken Moore wrote:
> On 09/28/2010 18:10, Sam Lin wrote:
>> Dear PBI fellows,
>>
>> Attached is a "draft" pbi module for x11-wm/enlightenment for 8.x
>> system. This module is created as currently on pbidir.com only pbi for
>> 7.x version is available. Unfortunately before this module can be
>> uploaded there are some issues need to be solved and I need some help
>> on this.
>>
>> The configurations are mostly copy and paste from its 7.x version
>> (http://trac.pcbsd.org/browser/pbibuild/modules/x11-wm/enlightenment)
>> and I thought everything should work. The building process itself was
>> flawless, whereas after I tried to install the PBI and then logout,
>> there actually was no entry to Enlightenment in the KDM session
>> manager. Supposedly I will have to amend the kdm configuration
>> additionally, but then this option should have been included in the
>> module for 7.x...? Or did I miss out something in my module here?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sam

> Sam,
>
> Sorry for not replying earlier, but Enlightenment has not been approved
> for 8.x because of the very same problem that you are experiencing: that
> there is no entry for enlightenment in the KDM session. This is a
> problem that Kris is still looking into, but I am confident that a fix
> will be found soon.
>
> I will try to keep you informed as to the progress of this module.
>
> ~Ken Moore

Sam & Ken,

Figured it out here :) The KDM session entry for enlightenment was
testing for "enlightenment" in the PATH, not enlightenment_start which
we is the actual command used. I've updated the module to now make links
into the PATH for both.

Session file is here if you want to look:

/usr/local/kde4/share/apps/kdm/sessions/enlightenment.desktop

The PBI should rebuild soon and we can test it out.

- --