[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] New module for OpenTTD

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Thu Sep 16 10:08:21 PDT 2010

On 09/16/2010 10:15, Jesse Smith wrote:
> I've put together a PBI module for the port OpenTTD. There weren't any
> problems putting the module itself together, but I did run into an odd
> quirk of the port.
> The OpenTTD port builds, but there doesn't seem to be anything in place
> which fetches the data files required to run the program. Nor can I find
> another port which does this.
> The OpenTTD project offers the data files as a separate download from
> their website. My work-around for this was to make a LICENSE file in the
> module with instructions on where to download the data files. My
> reasoning being this way the user will see the message telling them they
> need to grab another package.
> This feels like a bit of a band-aid though and I think the PBI should
> either download the addition files or the PBI should include them.
> Preferably the latter.
> My initial thought was to include the whole data archive in the over-lay
> dir and then have the PBI setup script install the file. But that will
> only work so long as the data file isn't modified upstream.
> Any suggestions on the best way to do this are welcome.
> Jesse

I was under the assumption that the data files were restricted, and we
couldn't ship them? If that is not the case, then is there a port which
installs the data specifically? Otherwise we may need to get one made.

Another solution would be to use the build.sh script, and just fetch the
data files during the creation that way they are included in the PBI,
and we can track changes.

- --
Version: GnuPG v2.0.15 (FreeBSD)