[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] New module for OpenTTD

Jesse Smith jessefrgsmith at yahoo.ca
Thu Sep 16 07:15:17 PDT 2010

I've put together a PBI module for the port OpenTTD. There weren't any
problems putting the module itself together, but I did run into an odd
quirk of the port.

The OpenTTD port builds, but there doesn't seem to be anything in place
which fetches the data files required to run the program. Nor can I find
another port which does this.

The OpenTTD project offers the data files as a separate download from
their website. My work-around for this was to make a LICENSE file in the
module with instructions on where to download the data files. My
reasoning being this way the user will see the message telling them they
need to grab another package.

This feels like a bit of a band-aid though and I think the PBI should
either download the addition files or the PBI should include them.
Preferably the latter.

My initial thought was to include the whole data archive in the over-lay
dir and then have the PBI setup script install the file. But that will
only work so long as the data file isn't modified upstream.

Any suggestions on the best way to do this are welcome.

Jesse