[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Forum idea

Jesse Smith jessefrgsmith at yahoo.ca
Fri Sep 10 08:44:20 PDT 2010

I have a suggestion for the PC-BSD forum which relates to PBIs. Right
now we have two sub-forums, one for PBI requests and one for PBI
discussions. I'd like to suggest adding a third called "New PBIs".

My thought being that when a PBI request is completed, rather than just
closing the thread, it could be moved to the New PBI sub-forum. This
would do two things for us.

1. It would clean up the request area, which is growing. Some of the
older requests are getting hidden on page two. Closed requests are
floating near the top.

2. It shows people what's freshly available.

Closing the thread is good in that it shows the PBI module has been
addressed, but it doesn't get the item out of the way.

- Jesse