[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Question slash feature suggestion

Jesse Smith jessefrgsmith at yahoo.ca
Tue Sep 7 08:01:44 PDT 2010

In my mind one of the big factors is time. As I pointed out originally,
it can take a long time to get a port accepted. Sometimes (in my case,
because I'm new) with a few revisions. Right now there are over 250 open
port change-requests waiting for attention. I sympathize with the Ports
team, but that's a long list of stuff queued up.

PC-BSD is a smaller project which I think is in a position to be...
lighter on its feet as far as accepting and using desktop software.

I think it would be great if PC-BSD could have its own small repository
of ports which would, hopefully, make their way into the big FreeBSD
Ports collection at a later date.

- Jesse