[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] New module: DarwinStreamingServer

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Mon Oct 18 02:59:59 PDT 2010

On 10/17/2010 14:54, Jesse Smith wrote:
> The Darwin Streaming Server lets the user send QuickTime streams to
> clients. I've attached a PBI module here and it seems to build okay.
>
> This PBI was requested on the forum here:
> http://forums.pcbsd.org/showthread.php?t=13502
>
> - Jesse

I have added the Darwin module to the build server.

One note:
There are two additional options within the pbi.conf file that you may
also need to set as necessary:

use: [PBIPRUNEPYTHON="NO" ; export PBIPRUNEPYTHON] if the program uses
the python programming language (usually the file is called
py-(something) if that file is written in python)

use: [PBIPRUNEPERL="NO" ; export PBIPRUNEPERL] if the program uses the
perl programming language (harder to spot, usually the filename has
"perl" in it somewhere)

I have noticed that when programs do not work it is usually because one
or the other of these options was not set appropriately. This is only
noticed at runtime however because after building, python and perl files
are removed unless instructed otherwise.

Anyway, this program uses perl (just look at the dependancy list on
freshports.org to check) so I set the option accordingly.

Thanks for the module Jesse!

~Ken Moore